Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Displaced!

image source:  keralabudgettour.com/kerala3.html

So here I am, far away from home, watching the raindrops falling on the windowpane. It's a beautiful morning, cool breeze blowing, but all I can think of is going home!

I miss the noisy people, the winding streets, the blazing sun, the crowded roads, the pollution, the grime, the dirt, the tan. I miss the unhealthy oily food, I miss binging like there's no tomorrow! (Kerala food is very eekily healthy!!!!Pah!) I miss the crying about my tan and my floater straps leaving their mark on my feet! I miss cribbing about the crowd on the metro! I miss wanting to stay in my room because it's too hot outside! Golgappas, cholebhature, momos, tandoori chicken, kebabs, shawarma, jalebis, samosas, dhokla, Kurkure, butter naan, cheesy gooey pizzas, KFC!!!!! I miss it all! No matter how many replicas I find here, it's never as good! :(

Most of all I miss home...Home is where the heart is, and my heart is in Delhi...and that's where I wanna be!

Either I am an idiot or I'm just being the same Mad Minstrel!

P.S- booooohooooooo..... :'( and a whole lot more boohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Varun said...

Why don't you come back home? Are you studying there? If yes then try to enjoy life there. I know its hard, make friends. chill

AldyWaldy said...

I have come here for vacations to meet my extended family...will be heading back to Delhi soon..until then missing home....

Addy said...

they say.....relationship deepens and strengthens by separation (not very long) tried and tested.....don't worry, you'll be fine....try not to think about the distance, think about the moment, the feeling you're gonna have the day you arrive! even in the flight, I bet you can't hold back the smile, thinking about your union! and as you set your foot in your "home", Bryan Adams welcomes you with his song playing in your head "Here I am....." :D

Witty Jester said...

YEa nothing beats our pyari Dilli.......

AldyWaldy said...

@ Addy: yea..we've been holding it together real well.. :) waiting for the union..yea... so is he..a million happy songs shall be playing in my head...and the world shall be a happier place!!!! :D thanks for the solace! Appreciate it!:)

AldyWaldy said...

@ Witty Jester: rightly said dude! :) Saadi Dilli rocks!

Angel :) said...

Aw, man. Even I miss my home a lot. This post reminded me of so many things.

Truck Driver said...

You are from delhi...:O:O:O .... i thought you are a southie.. ...

Btw m back.... back from my HIBERNATION

AldyWaldy said...

@ Angel: Thanks!!!! Yea..Home is home!! nothing can beat that feeling!

AldyWaldy said...

@Truck Driver: I am a southie, by birth but have been in Delhi all my life.. my parents settled down in Delhi before I was born...so Delhi's home!

Addy said...

waiting for your "back from the dead" post :D

AldyWaldy said...

@ Addy: soon..as soon as i recuperate!!! :) this trip took a toll on me!!!:( nice DP btw! ;)