Blog Adda has given me a perfect excuse to share the mad memories. So this is my entry to the Moments of Madness contest organised by blogadda.com in association with pringoo.com.
Memories of madness, well are too many to count...So I'll just dig out five random episodes. And here goes..
1. This is quite recent really. We had no electricity in the house and it had been gone for quite a long time. My lil sis and I were alone and bored (yes folks, that's when most of the craziest ideas take shape!) so we decided to do silly things to kill the time. And we invented "TORCHER" (our reinterpretation of torture!). What it entailed was that we took a torch (a powerful one at that!) and from our house on the 2nd floor, we torched (no silly, not burning them, but directing the torchlight at them and ahead of them..) random people walking on the road. We succeeded when the person being "torched" noticed that there was a mysterious light ahead of them and looked in surprise where it was coming from! It was silly and yes, quite crazy but yes, we HAD FUN! ha!
2. This was part of the same night. Now Justin Bieber has become a hot topic of conversation these days.. either on the pedestal or as the butt of a million jokes! Kiddo said that Justin sounds like a girl. So she decided to do a lipsync concert to prove her point. Folks, there was no electricity, the heat and boredom can inflict severe brain damage as can be seen from this incident. But no offence, Justin, kiddo was right.. So I took a video of kiddo mouthing the lyrics of "Baby, Baby. Baby" with the torch (yes our very own WMD) doubling up as the spotlight and the song playing on the kiddo's cellphone! The end result was hilarious! Wish I could put up the video, but then the Kiddo would get me torched (nah, this time, the real thing ;P)
3. Monsoons can also drive people to insanity!! So how could I get left behind? Bhaiya ji and I were meeting up at Kamla Nagar market after classes. This happened about 3-4 years back so I'm a little foggy on the details regarding the hows and the whys! So well, it was raining cats and dogs and we had no umbrella. Usually I don't even use mine even if we have one because it gets wet! (Okay okay, I've heard that a zillion times! But I don't like wet umbrellas okay? I just don't!!!) So getting ahead with the story, I don't know what the heck got into us that we decided to get drenched for good!!! Bhaiya ji and I went splish-splosh on the roads, jumping into puddles, kicking in them and spraying water jets at each other! By the end of it, we were drenched from tip to toe and my jeans felt like a sack of bricks! But it is one day that I will never forget... ( senti ho gayi bhai likhte likhte...Miss those days bro!)
4. My gang...oh how can things go any less crazier when we are together! The 9 of us put together spelt TOTAL MADNESS! Dopey, Zooks, Don, Enna Rascala, How Rude, Onku's Fashion Guru, the Gollywog, Miranda Priestly and me.. We stepped into the metro and it was a riot, mad fight for the corner seats with Zooks charging ahead of all of us, we were enough to occupy an entire row with our number and the entire Metro with our noise! Our conversation ranged from the inane to the bizarre to complete bullcrap(Enna Rascala's toilet humour)! But one distinct memory I have is of Don's birthday (her 21st if I'm not wrong!) We decided to celebrate with drinks (okay, Breezer it is, but on campus Breezer is still wild for us innocent brats!). Now acquiring the stuff was the twist. Onku's Fashion Guru (OFG) and I were the bravehearts who volunteered to get it. Now where to get it from? Well, a theka (or booze shop)! Sounds pretty simple eh? Not when you're young girls in Delhi at the counter of a booze shop where most of the customers are male! We planned to check out the known theka points in Knags for Breezer but were wary of stepping up to the counter coz of the male crowd assembled in front! So we skipped each until we reached one whose counter was completely empty. but as we stepped up two middle-aged aunties crossed us on the footpath staring at us as if we were aliens with a gaze that would put Cyclops to shame!!! The uncle manning the counter just smiled and commented "unko aadat nai hai na ladkiyon ko yahaan dekhne ki. Aap bura mat maanna!" (they are not used to seeing women here. Don't mind!) We just smiled and asked him for the breezer, stashed the bottles in our bags and left. As we walked we saw the aunties ahead of us and we walked faster to cross them and as we walked by we flashed them grins broad enough to put the Joker to shame and yes, the aunties were left open-mouthed in surprise, not knowing how to react!!! ;) Thus after the sweet revenge we headed to the D-Skool grounds where the rest of the Gang waited with the food stash! With a bottle-opener borrowed from the canteen, we clinked our bottles and all was well in Lala land... :) ( P.S-No, mom, I don't drink anymore! Chill!) ;)
5. This one day remains closest to my heart because yes, its one of the craziest chapters of my love saga! ;P So it was in the days when the Nawab would walk instead of vroom! When he didn't crib after every 5 inches that he walked! ;) So we were out on a date and were at my favourite khopcha- the Hauz Khas ruins. It was late evening and we had to get back fast because there was some work. But it had been a great day together and the evening was amazing and both of us wanted to stay. Work is work folks but work is irritating when it comes in the way of love! But well, loyal to the cause we dragged our feet back to the road and tried to get an auto.. Destiny had other plans for us though! :) After our futile attempts at getting an auto, the Nawab turned to me and said, "I don't feel like going today yaar". I smiled and joked, "Chal bunk karte hain aaj!" (Let's bunk today!). He looked at me, grinned and said ok. I grinned and mouthed a second affirmative OKAY! Now the perennial problem is where to go. And it came up again. He just smiled and said, " We'll go wherever the roads lead us!" So we started walking, late evening, breeze blowing..we walked hand in hand with the stars shining down on us.. It was the most romantically crazy evening. We walked all the way from R.K. Puram to Sarojini Nagar market, had golgappas, talked about the most random stuff, teased each other, ended up walking almost till my house, a long way off!! Until the Nawab's legs could take no more!!! Finally an auto ride later, I was back at my place, he back at his, nursing our sore ankles and aching knees for the next two days!!! But whoa, was it fun! A day I can never forget! :)
Okay, rounding up the five, I admit that I'm off my knockers completely and if given the space, there can be a book written about the 'madventures'! A bestseller awaits! But enough for now.. Let the applause begin!
*A SANE, SOBER BOW*
P.S.- I am sane most of the time though.. No, really!!!!!! :P
This contest is sponsored by Pringoo.com